Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
Entrance Award Application
Three annual bursaries each valued at $6,000 are offered to Canadian high school students who:
• are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada;
• have graduated from a Canadian high school no longer than 18 months prior to the start of the 2019-2020 academic session;
• have demonstrated financial need based on a government student loan assessment from their home province
Please Note: MB students must include the financial information from their My Student Aid Online (MySAO) account; from the “My Award Information” tab and the “My Assessment Details” tab;
• have completed a University of Manitoba Fairfax bursary application;
• will register for full-time study (minimum 18 credit hours) in any faculty or school at the University of Manitoba that admits students directly from high school
• have achieved a minimum average of 80% on their high school courses used for admission.
These awards may be renewable in each of a second, third and fourth years of a student’s first degree program at the University of Manitoba. Recipients must maintain a full-time course load (minimum 18 credit hours), achieve a minimum grade-point average of 3.5 each year and continue to demonstrate financial need yearly (government student loan and bursary applications must be submitted for each academic session).
How do I apply?
Submit the items below to the Financial Aid & Awards office by July 15th:
1. A completed University of Manitoba Fairfax Bursary Application form (available in Student Services)
2. A complete copy of your government loan assessment from your home province for the 2019-2020
academic session (i.e. Notice of Assistance letter)
3. A brief letter outlining your extra-curricular involvement (i.e. volunteering, sports, etc.)
Deadline: July 15, 2019
Financial Aid & Awards office
422 University Centre Building
University of Manitoba